8 Ways To Reach Your Health & Wellness Goals In 2018
If your New Year’s resolution is getting fit and weight loss you are not alone. According to the data from Google, in 2017 over 62 million searches were about getting healthy as part of a New Year’s resolution, up 13% over 2016. Bazaar lists diet, exercise and weight loss as the number one resolution.
Once you set your resolution, create a plan to accomplish it. Only 25% of people who make resolutions achieve them because they don’t have a strategy. You need to set quantitative goals which are broken down to daily, weekly and monthly segments that are starting now with regular reminders. Your smart phone calendar is a great way to stage reminders.
If you resolution is to getting fit and losing weight here are some tips for your plan:
- Define what getting fit and losing weight is for you with a timeframe. I want to lose 10 pounds and drop a clothing size in 2 months.
- Break the goal into pieces. I want to lose 2 pounds in week one and 1 pound each week after. Now you have something to measure and celebrate.
- Reduce carbs and eat protein and vegetables at every meal:
- Implement portion control. A simple way is measure portions is average hand palm size. Vegetables should be 2 palms, protein is 1 palm and carbs ½ palm.
- Replace breakfast or lunch with a low calorie vegetable based meal replacement.
- Don’t eat after 7:00 pm and if you have to have that late night snack keep 100 calorie pre-measured treats and eat just one.
- Exercise 30 to 45 minutes 5 times a week with variety:
- Heart rate exercise like swimming, running, walking, elliptical boosts heart and brain health, recovery,stress tolerance, and overall conditioning.
- Strength workouts like squats, lunges, presses, rows, and pull-ups will push your muscles to build them. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn throughout the day outside of your workouts. To boost your metabolism even more try out Weight Block Oral Spray.
- Flexibility training like yoga will increase flexibility, stretches muscles and distresses.
- Schedule a time in the day that works well for you and stick to it until it becomes habit.
- Destress daily. Stress floods your body with stress hormones, which slows muscle gain, limits fat loss, and squashes performance in the gym
- Get eight hours of good sleep each night.
- Then help boost your metabolism and reduce hunger with that extra edge from our Aktive Performance and Focus line.
- Sometimes we need a little mental boost in order to get moving in the morning or after a day of work. Our Focused Energy Blast Caps have Hemp Derived CBD, Matcha and B Vitamins to give you natural energy and focus.
- Unlike other pre-workout products our Work-Out Blast Cap Delivers natural ingredients to give you energy and stamina without the drop.
- Don’t forget weight loss has plateaus and ups and downs. Focus on getting healthy and the goal not the daily scale number.